We always moan and groan about the things we wanted but how often have we really take stock and be grateful of what we have? No? Let’s do that today then.
50 Things to be grateful for every day
1. You wake up in the morning. You get to start another day fresh!
2. You have food on your table. Did you get to binge on the holidays?
3. You have clean clothes to wear.
4. You have a home, an apartment, a room you can call your own (even if you’re renting it).
5. You have a job, a career. Being able to do what you love every day isn’t work, is it?
6. You have a hobby or hobbies that you enjoy doing.
7. Your family and loved ones. People who understand you and lets you be you.
8. Your pets. Remember the things they do that just make you laugh?
9. Trains or subways to ride to and from work.
10. Morning coffee or tea. Important food group, this.
11. Your health. Still kicking it every day!
12. Your friends. People you can really be yourself with.
13. Your colleagues and your boss. People you can rely on when you need support at work.
14. Holidays, time to spend with your family and friends.
15. Good books to read and get lost in.
16. Comfortable shoes to walk everywhere in.
17. Smiles to share with friends, family and even strangers.
18. Netflix. Can’t forget NetFlix can we now.
19. Sharing great jokes.
20. Fresh air outdoors.
21. Long weekends. Great time to kick back and just chill out.
22. Parks to walk in.
23. Sharing your bed with someone you really love.
24. Having the bed all to yourself.
25. Uncontrollable laughter. Remember that time when you laughed till you snorted and you couldn’t stop laughing because you snorted?
26. That favorite corner in the city you love to hang out in.
27. A good long cry.
28. Your favorite perfume. That scent that you love so much you’d rather wear it so you can smell it yourself.
29. Perfectly ripe avocado. Not squishy, not hard, just right.
30. Fun workout classes and gym to go to every day.
31. Random run-ins with your old pals on the street.
32. Being able to act like a kid again.
33. A night in … or a night out.
34. Adult coloring books. I know I’m grateful for them. What about you?
35. Your favorite gadgets. Which is it? Your laptop? Your phone? Your tablet?
36. Empty streets when you’re in a rush to go somewhere. Isn’t that just peachy.
37. A good night’s rest. It’s important to have adequate sleep in order to recharge your body.
38. Your favorite draft beer or that perfect bottle of wine.
39. Some alone time. Most people dread being alone but there are so many things you can do that will make your alone time awesome.
40. Chocolate. I think I need to go grab some.
41. Internet. It helps keep us all in touch even if we are physically far far away.
42. A great day’s hike. It’s a sense of accomplishment when you finally get to the top of that hill.
43. Your favorite song. Especially when it comes on the radio and you can’t help but sing along.
44. Your favorite TV show. Kills the boring nights, that’s for sure.
45. Funny animal videos. Nothing beats watching funny cats or dogs videos when you’re down.
46. Opportunity to do good. It’s the fulfilling sensations you get when you know you’ve done something for others like volunteering.
47. Vacations. Some say the fun is in the planning and the anticipation the reward is the trip itself.
48. Your siblings. Being able to sit and chill at your brother’s or sister’s yard watching the dogs or the kids over cold drinks and great talks.
49. Finding money in your laundry. Doesn’t it make you feel like winning the lottery sometimes?
50. Sex. Because it has various health benefits and it’s good for you.
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more.
If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”
― Oprah Winfrey